Getting Audited By The Employment Development Department
Among other things, EDD will check for accuracy in:
- Payroll records
- Timekeeping records
- Records related to independent contractors
What Is The EDD?
The Employment Development Department (EDD) is one of the largest state departments in California.
It offers a wide variety of services to millions of Californians under the Job Service, Unemployment Insurance (UI), State Disability Insurance (SDI), Workforce Investment Act and Labor Market Information programs.
As California’s largest tax collection agency, EDD also handles the audit and collection of payroll taxes and maintains employment records for more than 18 million California workers.
EDD provides many important services to millions of Californians, including:
- Assisting California employers with their labor needs
- Helping California job seekers obtain employment
- Administering the federally funded workforce investment programs for adults, dislocated workers and youth
- Assisting disadvantaged recipients in becoming self-sufficient
- Helping unemployed and disabled workers through the administration of the UI and SDI programs
- Supporting state activities and benefit programs by collecting and administering employment-related taxes (UI, SDI, Employment Training Tax, and Personal Income Tax withholding)
I Will Protect Your Business During an Audit
As a California tax attorney based in Roseville, I represent clients in state and federal tax law resolution and litigation matters in the Sacramento area and throughout Northern California. Call 916-270-2895 or contact my office by email to arrange a free initial consultation and evaluation of your tax problem.