The IRS Has Many Powerful Collections Tools. Protect Yourself.
If the IRS has determined you owe back taxes, it will not stop until it collects. As a taxpayer, you do have rights, and there is a way to stop IRS collection proceedings. However, you must act fast.
If you’ve received a Tax Audit Determination or a Final Notice of Intent to Levy you have a limited amount of time to appeal the determination, request a hearing and take steps to prevent collections’ actions. Once the time frame has passed, preventing collection action will be more difficult and you will lose valuable taxpayer rights.
Don’t wait until your IRS collections options are gone.
I am attorney Brian Coggins. For more than 15 years I have been providing tax services to individuals and businesses in Roseville, California, and throughout the Sacramento area.
I know the law, I know your rights, and I know how to effectively deal with the IRS. I can help you.
You don’t have to face the IRS on your own.
Contact my law office today to protect your assets and resolve your IRS debt. Located in Roseville, California, I serve taxpayers throughout the Sacramento area. Call 916-270-2895 or contact me online to schedule a free consultation.
IRS Collection Tools
- Liens and levies: Once a tax deficiency has been determined, a federal tax lien attaches to all of your personal property and real estate. Unless you pay what is owed, or negotiate a solution with the IRS, you are at risk of losing your properties. The IRS can levy your property, foreclose on your home, sell your assets and keep the profits.
- Wage garnishment: If a garnishment is issued, your employer will be forced to pay the IRS instead of you.
- Bank account invasions: The IRS has the power, through liens and levies, to freeze your bank account and take all of the funds.
- Keep tax returns: The IRS can intercept any tax return you are owed, and keep your refund in repayment of any past tax debt.
- IRS summons: This power allows the IRS to obtain information about your financial circumstances. It can force your bank, your employer, your business associates, and your family and friends to testify as to your finances. The IRS can intercept any tax return you are owed, and keep your refund in repayment of any past tax debt.
Stop IRS Collection Proceedings
When facing the IRS, many people feel helpless. They don’t understand their rights and don’t know where to turn for help. That is where I come in. I am attorney Brian Coggins. My tax accounting and legal career spans more than 15 years. I know your rights, and I will protect them. I will evaluate your situation, then develop a strategy that not only stops collection proceedings, but resolves your tax issue in an efficient and economical manner.
Common strategies include:
- Appealing the underlying tax debt determination
- Requesting due process hearings
- Negotiating solutions such as offers in compromise and installment agreements
- Obtaining innocent spouse relief
- Abating penalty and interest to reduce your total tax debt
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation with our Roseville IRS collection lawyers.